Why Cookies are important
Cookies help make your online experience more efficient and relevant to your interests. For instance, they are used to help you navigate between pages more efficiently.
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small file, or files on your computer, phone, or other device with a browser to save snippets of text for reference by the website you are visiting.
Most Cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser:
· Session Cookies - these are temporary Cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser.
· Persistent Cookies - these usually have an expiration date and so stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. For example we use persistent Cookies for functionality including not re-showing the cookie banner when you’ve made your choice. We also use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so that we can improve the site for our website users:
Other technologies linked to Cookies
What types of Cookies does TV5 USA use and why? Cookies are grouped into the following categories:
1. Essential - these are Cookies that are required for the regular operation of our website. For example, some Cookies remember your geographic location. These are essential for the website to work properly.
2. Functional - these remember your preferences, and are intended to make your experience on our website better for you.
3. Analytics – these Cookies are used for performance measurement to understand things including how many people visit our website, how they navigate our site, and what content is popular. This allows us to improve your experience with us.
We use Google Analytics to understand and analyze the traffic to our site. For more information see https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/#/provision.
The following websites provide some useful information on Cookies usage, as well as about your rights under current data protection and privacy regulations.
For more information, please go to: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are based in the EU; or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ if you are based in the US. To opt out of Cookies from Google go to: https://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you want to delete or disable other Cookies, see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this Policy
Last update: January 18, 2021